As of now I am on a healthy diet not to lose weight but to be little healtier.So I prefer more of fruits and salad in my diet.I love eating salads of different kind.Salad can be prepared in an end number of ways with different type of dressing, it is easier to make and it is hassle free.
One of my favourite recipe of salad is SWEET AND SOUR CHICK PEA SALAD .(i.e Chana chat salad).This is my version of Chana chat in a healthy way. Chana chat is an indian dish made of chick peas, actually it is an appetizer but i made a healthy version of it,and that can be eaten as a salad. Its is very filling so I skip my meal and have only this salad .So for the recipe I have given details below:
SWEET AND SOUR CHICK PEA SALAD:
- Prep time: 15 Mintz
- Cook time: 20 Mintz
- Total time: 30 to 40 Mintz
- 2 cups Chick peas (kabuli Chana).
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped.
- 1 medium size boiled potato finely chopped.
- 1 cup pomegranate.
- 1 handful peanuts.
- 1 handful walnut.
- Pinch of chilli powder or chat masala.
- salt to taste (I had put pink salt).
- coriander and mint leaves finely chopped
- ginger garlic powder (if preferred minced ginger and garlic).
- 2 tbsp yoghurt.
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste.
- lemon as per required.
- Soak the Chick peas overnight for about 8 hours. Drain the water and boil the Chick peas till they are done. You can even cook it in the pressure cooker for about 2 whistle.
- Drain all the remaining water from the Chick peas.Add all the above ingredients to it.
- Mix it well and put it in the refrigerator for a while.
- You can add salt instead of Pink salt.
- You can add minced ginger garlic instead of powder.I personally don’t like the strong raw flavour of it,so used powder instead.
- I don’t prefer too spicy so instead of chilly powder I added chat masala .You can add chilly powder as per taste.
- I had garnished it with sev .You can directly dig in 😛
P.S : Let me know if you tried the recipe. I would love to know your feed back as it helps improve.
(I have inserted some images down below).