Oats is a nutritious and a healthy option if you are on diet or particular about eating healthy.Oats is preferably an option for breakfast but this recipe is good as a meal for luch or dinner.
Khichdi is an Indian dish made with rice and different dals (lentils) . It can be made in different styles suited as your taste. Instead of rice I opted for a healthy option an choose Oats . So for the recipe all the detail are given below.
- Prep Time : 10 mintz
- Cook Time : 20 mintz
- Total Time: 30 mintz
- 1 1/2 cup soaked Yellow toor dal (split pigeon peas)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp jeera
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cup water
- salt to taste
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 coriander powder
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Soak the toor dal for about an hour. Meanwhile chop one medium size onion finely.
- In a cooker put olive oil,once the oil is hot add some jeera (cumin seed) .
- Add chopped onions and curry leaves.
- Once the colour of the onion starts becoming pink add ginger garlic paste to it.
- mix it well till the strong aroma of ginger garlic is gone .
- Add all the remaining masala into it .( Note : I dont prefer spicy so the masala given above is as per my taste.You can add on as per your taste)
- Once u have added all the masalas .Put in the toor dal without any water into the cooker. Fry the dal for awhile, and then add the oats to it.
- Add on 2 cup of water and put the lid of the cooker on.
- After 2 whilst of the pressure cooker ,turn off the gas.
- You can add coriander leaves for garsnishing.
- Serve it hot with Cucumber Raita.
PS : I have added some Images below.Do let me know if you try the Recipe your self.
And Do leave your opinion it will help me improve ..lots of love